Saturday, September 6, 2008

UPDATED: Pre-Season Tournament Possibility!

[See below for update]

We have been asked about our interest in participating in a preseason tournament by Schenectady B on the weekend of Sept 20 and 21. It would be an informal round robin with teams from Suffern, Troy B, Schenectady A as well as their B team. They are trying to work out the details and the cost is unclear (but I know the ice is cheap).

Anyway, I would jump at this but for two issues: (1) I know kids still have soccer commitments and, more importantly, (2) Sept. 20 is the Golf Tournament.

Let me know how you all feel about this opportunity. If we have enough interest, I suppose we could car pool to Schenectady, leaving most adults free for the Golf Tournament plus we could ask the Tournament Director to schedule in a way that leaves us all free til Saturday afternoon.

Please let me know what you all think as soon as possible.





Update -- the response so far suggests that this will not work. in order to play we will need 7 skaters and a goalie. if you are interested, please let me know by tomorrow am -- otherwise i will decline. also, let me stress, the golf tournament remains the top priority. if you have not already done so, i would enourage you all to participate by either golfing or helping in some capacity.



No comments: