Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Few Items

First, for those who were at practice this weekend, excellent work by all. The Marlborough Tournament is a few short weeks away. Unfortunately, we are not likely to skate as a team between now and then. Please grab any chance you have to skate. And don’t forget the fundamentals of our game.

Second, this is a formal apology to the Sisters. The crack about their sudden interest in the Midgets was unwarranted and based on the paranoid perceptions of an over-protective father. To the extent any of the Sisters took offense, I am truly sorry. (I sound sincere, don’t I?)

Third, thank you all for the wonderful gift. I will wear the t-shirt with pride and I will treasure the card.

Finally, I just wanted to state one more time what a pleasure it has been to have Bobby Noonan as part of the team. He is a player that set an example for all to follow. He worked hard at every practice and on every shift. He was always respectful of each and every member of our team. He never quit but also never forgot that this is about having fun. I am proud that Bobby will represent our program and our team in Maryland. He will forever be a member of our squad, and will always be welcome to play hockey with us. And I also want to thank Bobby’s parents for their tremendous support over the last 5 or so years. They have consistently been gracious and giving.
The entire Noonan Clan will be missed.

No comments: